Peer Champion: Workshop and Next Steps
Our Peer Champion program is often a three-pronged approach to student empowerment and enrichment:
- Student Leadership Workshop: This 60-minute workshop is often a post-workshop student empowerment event. Schools are encouraged to enlist the "influencers" in the school to attend AFTER the student assemblies that are held at the school (same day preferably). The workshop is designed to challenge and encourage students to make their intentions reality by following through on whatever they say they will do.
- Face-Time/Skype Calls: With an adult advisor to help facilitate, the speaker who delivered the student leadership workshop and assemblies will lead a video conference call for one hour per month for the three months following the workshop/assembly. These one-hour workshops will provide a small teaching time by the speaker, questions as to the progress of commitments made at the workshop, and a Q&A.
- School Leadership Development Day: The same speaker will return to the school to help begin, enrich, or facilitate a non-existent or established leadership group focused on bullying prevention. The speaker will lead a 3 hour session that will help create, organize, and equip student leaders to begin leading bullying prevention efforts at the school.
- This three-pronged approach usually occurs in a 4-month timeframe. For example, if there is an assembly in September - with follow-up calls in Oct/Nov/Dec - the development day can happen in early January and allow students to use the second half of the school year to lead the effort.
- This three-pronged approach can be used together or just one or two elements independently. Please call for program specifics.